SEO tool microcopy
Unclear language patterns and redundant recommendations were contributing to low adoption and a perception that using the SEO tool took "too much time."
By making a few changes to the UI copy and content structure:
- Reduced cognitive load
- 38% decrease in support tickets
- 75% customer satisfaction
I conducted a quick audit of the existing language in the experience.
- There were also multiple separate to-do items for the same page feature, including:
- 3 separate recommendations related to the meta description.
- 4 recommendations about the page title
- Some recommendations about the same page attribute were dispersed throughout the list instead of all together
- I provided example copy for 2 possible solutions to help the team visualize what both options would entail.
- Then I collaborated with the UX designer to group related recommendations into collapsable sections, organized by topic.
- This reduces cognitive load and showed users and reduced how much they needed to read on the page.
- The result reduced the length of the initial SEO recommendations list by 40%.
- The content changes resulted in 75% positive sentiment in user feedback with very low negative sentiment.
- Support ticket volume for analyzing SEO recommendations also fell by 38% 😊